The Compassion Fund
The Variety Compassion Fund benefits critically ill children and their families by providing comfort, care and fulfilling immediate needs such as:
- A gas card for frequent travel to appointments
- Meals for a parent who spends weeks at the hospital
- Payment of immediate bills such as phone, heat or electricity
- A birthday cake for a child who will spend their special day in a hospital bed
- Care for siblings when parents need to stay with their ill child
Caring for a critically ill child is difficult mentally, emotionally and financially. The Compassion Fund allows front line social workers to identify needs and distribute funds immediately, providing much needed relief for families.