Two Days of Compassion« Return to the Event List
- Dec 12 2023 6:00AM - Dec 13 2023 6:00PM
- Margie Gardiner | 515-243-4660
- Add to my calendar
- Registration for this event has closed
Tune in to 92.5 KJJY in central Iowa and 104.5 KDAT in eastern Iowa during Variety's Two Days of Compassion!
Caring for a critically ill child is difficult - mentally, emotionally, and financially. The Compassion Fund allows front line social workers to identify needs and distribute funds immediately, providing much-needed relief for families.
Variety partners with Iowa hospitals to help critically ill children and their families by providing comfort, care and fulfilling immediate needs such as:
- A gas card for frequent travel to appointments
- Meals for a parent who spends weeks at the hospital
- Payment of immediate bills such as phone, heat, or electricity
- A birthday cake for a child who will spend their special day in a hospital bed
- Care for siblings when parents need to stay with their ill child
To donate to the Variety Compassion Fund, please visit https://apps.varietyiowa.com/the-compassion-fund/