Legacy gifts provide lasting, significant support to the children of Iowa. Outlined below are just some of the many ways you can leave a legacy. As with any important financial decision, we recommend that you consult a financial advisor as you consider your options.
· Make a Bequest in Your Will
· Designate Your Life Insurance Policy
· Designate Your Retirement Plan
For more information, contact Sheri.
Did you know that you could support Variety and Iowa children for generations to come and receive a 25% state tax credit through the Endow Iowa Tax Credit Program?
The Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines is a qualified community foundation that provides access to Endow Iowa Tax Credits. The Endow Iowa Tax Credit program allows taxpayers to receive a 25% Iowa tax credit, in addition to normal federal charitable income tax deductions.
Endow Iowa Qualified Charitable Gifts Must Be Made:
- Through a qualified community foundation.
- To a permanent endowment fund with a limited annual distribution of 5%.
- For the benefit of one or more Iowa charitable causes.
- By individuals, businesses or financial institutions.
How it Works:
- A variety of gifts qualify for Endow Iowa Tax Credits including cash, real estate, farmland, appreciated securities and outright gifts of retirement assets.
- Tax credits of 25% of the gifted amount are limited to $300,000 in tax credits per individual for a gift of $1.2 million or $600,000 in tax credits per couple for a gift of $2.4 million if both are Iowa taxpayers. No minimum gift amount is required to qualify for Endow Iowa Tax Credits.
- Endow Iowa Tax Credits are available on a first-come/first-serve basis until the yearly appropriated limit is reached. If the current year’s tax credits have been exhausted, qualified donors are eligible for the next year’s Endow Iowa Tax Credits.
- All qualified donors have five years to use their Endow Iowa Tax Credits.
Learn more or make a donation here.