Join the Young Variety Board
Young Variety Board of Directors Applications
Love volunteering? Ready to take a leadership role? Apply to join the Young Variety Board of Directors! Applications are now available for 2021-2022 open positions. Young Variety, the young professionals' arm of Variety, is comprised of young professionals in central Iowa who are committed to improving the lives of children while having fun and meeting new people. For questions, please contact Young Variety Past President, Joe Sheridan.
Current Board openings include:
- Vice President
- Vice President of Communications
- At-Large (five openings)
- Vice President of Events (if vacant)
- Secretary (if vacant)
Please refer to the following links for the application, position descriptions, and expectations.
- Young Variety Board Application
- Young Variety Board Position Descriptions
- Young Variety Board Expectations
Completed applications should be emailed to Joe Sheridan by Friday, April 23, 2021.
Young Variety Board Member Expectations
- Attend 75% of Board meetings, networking/outreach/VIP events, grant recipient tours and signature Young Variety events
- Attend or volunteer (and/or recruit volunteers) for a minimum of four Variety events, including but not limited to: Miller Lite Golf Invitational, Principal Charity Classic, Polo on the Green, Stag, Black Tie, Telethon, Bikes for Kids, Radiothon, Hy-Vee Beer, Wine, and Food Expo, etc.
- Actively recruit two new young professionals to attend events and activities
- Be actively involved in the charity grant application process and review a minimum of one grant application
VIP (Very Interested Person)
- Serve as a VIP (Very Interested Person) at Telethon, raising a minimum of $1,000, including a meaningful personal contribution
- Actively recruit two young professionals to join the Young Variety VIP panel to raise at least $250
- Increase advocacy, awareness, and revenue-generating models
- Identify and make contact with (designated as a face-to-face meeting) at least one potential new donor prospect for Variety (50 to 200 employees)
- Identify one non-event opportunity: workplace giving, specialized bike presentation and/or traditional bike team builds