Variety – the Children’s Charity Announces $3.5 Million Investment in Iowa’s Children in 2023
Filed under "News"
More articles »
Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Variety – the Children’s Charity has invested over $3.5 million into Iowa’s children over fiscal year 2023 through Variety grants and programming.
Over the past year, Variety has:
- Awarded over 100 pieces of specialized mobility equipment to children living with special needs
- Provided hundreds of students who have never owned their own bike a new bike, lock, and helmet
- Helped hundreds of children and families experiencing long hospital stays with financial assistance from the Variety Compassion Fund
- Distributed Variety sleepsacks, designed to reduce SIDS, to all babies born at Blank Children’s Hospital, Broadlawns Medical Center, and Mercy Medical Center
- Provided inclusive play areas for thousands of children at Variety’s three inclusive playgrounds, with a new inclusive playground being built in Clive
- Awarded over $2 million in grant funding to 77 nonprofits serving children in Iowa
Funding is provided on an annual basis to programs and initiatives that directly impact the well-being of children in our state. Variety grants provide funding for capital projects, essential medical equipment, shelters, inclusive playgrounds, Variety vans, and more. Organizations that receive Variety grants range in size and focus, but all share the goal of bettering the lives of children in Iowa.
The grant-making process is advised by a panel of community board members and volunteers who review applications from each organization. Funding priority is given to programs that serve the greatest needs and help the greatest number of children. View the full 2023 grant list here.
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.