Variety Telethon Raises $3.75 Million for Iowa Kids
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Variety – the Children’s Charity has raised $3,757,820 to support underprivileged, at-risk and special needs children throughout Iowa. The funds have been raised throughout the year culminating with this weekend’s 44th annual Telethon.
“I want to thank all those who support Variety and its mission,” said Sheri McMichael, Executive Director of Variety- the Children’s Charity. “As a result of your generous support throughout the year, Variety is able to directly benefit the lives of thousands of Iowa’s children”.
The funds raised by Variety will be used to support children throughout the state of Iowa. Variety programs include;
- Grant Program – Variety provides funding to more than 90 nonprofit children’s organizations annually for tangible items such as building expansions and renovations, equipment, programming needs and more.
- Bikes for Kids – Every child deserves to ride. Bikes for Kids provides custom specialized bikes to children with special needs and also allows Variety to award more than 1,500 brand new bikes, locks and helmets to children who have never experienced the joy of owning their own bike.
- Variety Vans – Over the last 40 years, more than 400 Variety Vans have been provided to children’s organizations in Iowa. These vans transport children to doctors appointments, therapy sessions and special outings or activities.
- Variety Star Playgrounds – All children should have the opportunity to experience a playground! Variety is working with Iowa communities to provide all-inclusive playgrounds for children with and without special needs.
- The Compassion Fund – Variety partners with Iowa hospitals to help critically ill children and their families by providing comfort, care and fulfilling immediate needs. The Fund is designed to help alleviate the stress and financial burden a family faces while their child is hospitalized.
Contributions can still be made by visiting varietyiowa.com/telethon or calling 844-414-KIDS (5437).
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.